Our deal screening and decision-making process generally takes between two weeks and 90 days and includes the following steps:
- Please start by reviewing our Investment Criteria.
- If you meet our criteria, follow the link to Gust, our online deal management system, and follow the instructions to submit an application.
- Your application will be reviewed by our Screening Committee and, if a positive consensus is reached, you will be invited to pitch your business opportunity at one of our monthly Screening Meetings in Pittsburgh.
- At the Screening Meeting, you will be given 20 uninterrupted minutes to present your business opportunities and 15 minutes for Q&A
- The Screening Committee will vote following your presentation and may recommend you to present to the general Member Meeting.
- If you are selected to pitch at the Member Meeting, you will be given 20 minutes uninterrupted to present your investment opportunity and 15 minutes for Q&A.
- Following your presentation, the investors will have a private discussion and may choose to proceed to due diligence.
- Prior to committing to any investments, BlueTree Allied Angels performs a detailed due diligence process lead by our Due Diligence Committee.
- Our process, based on NVCA best practices includes several phases, including:
- Review of all pertinent documents including financial statements, tax returns, articles of incorporation, customer contracts, cap tables and supplier contracts.
- Meetings with the management team to ask questions and discuss the aforementioned documents.
- Contacting references including customers, suppliers and former employers.
- Our findings will be summarized in a due diligence report provided to each of our members. Upon reviewing the report, members will have the choice whether or not to invest.
Term Sheets and Closing
- If enough investors are interested following the due diligence phase, we will proceed to term sheet negotiation.
- If a mutually agreeable term sheet is negotiated, we will then proceed to deal closing.