We are currently accepting new investors. If you are an accredited investor in the western Pennsylvania region, please consider joining us. Please read on to learn more about the benefits that come with BlueTree membership.
Recognizing the benefits of aggregating capital and resources, an increasing number of angels are investing as groups. As a member of an angel group, investors realize many benefits not available to individual angels. As a member of BlueTree, you will have access to unique benefits that come with being a member of one of the strongest angel networks in the country.
The most attractive incentive for angel investing is the potential to enhance personal wealth. Studies show than an angel portfolio earns a 28% annual return on average*. Another attractive factor is the ability to add value to investments through mentoring, coaching and sharing expertise and contacts.
- BlueTree is guided by a strong and experienced management team that brings years of expertise to the deal identification, screening, due diligence and management processes.
- BlueTree Founder and CEO, Catherine Mott, is an industry leader.
- Former Chairman of the Angel Capital Association.
- Former Chairman of the Angel Resource Institute.
- Former Member of the SEC Advisory Committee on Small and Emerging Companies.
- BlueTree Members are some of the most successful and influential business leaders in the region and bring their expertise to the investment selection process.
Excellent Deal Flow
- Leveraging our strong relationships with industry organizations, colleagues and members’ individual networks results in some of the country’s best deal flow.
Thorough Due Diligence
- Aggregating resources allows us to leverage members’ expertise to perform thorough due diligence on investments and reduce investment risk.
- Investing as a group allows you to better diversify your angel portfolio and mitigate risk.
Favorable Deal Terms
- A larger capital pool means greater leverage during negotiations, translating directly to more favorable valuations and deal terms.
Learning and Networking
- Learn the ropes from more experienced angels in the group.
- Expand your network with some of the most successful professionals and entrepreneurs in the region.
Flexibility and Control
- BlueTree Allied Angels' members have the freedom to create their own portfolios.
- Each member has the choice to opt into an investment after they’ve had the opportunity to attend entrepreneur presentations and review due diligence reports.
- The BlueTree Venture Fund is available as a passive investment for busy investors who want to invest capital without investing time.
- Investors can participate actively through BlueTree Allied Angels, passively through the BlueTree Venture Fund, or maximize their options by participating in both.
- The management services provided by BlueTree Capital Group minimize, LLC work and maximize tax benefits for investors.
*Source: Rob Wiltbank, Willamette University, and Warren Boeker, University of Washington, Returns to Angel Investors in Groups, November 2007.